As a small business owner, you may think you’ve gotten by just fine without IT support. However, if you want to stay on the cutting edge of technology, including e-mail, cloud storage and software, you’ll need a professional IT provider on your side. Here are a few signs that it’s time to hire someone to handle IT for you.
1. Your billable hours have dropped because you’re spending too much time troubleshooting tech problems with your computer, printer or other office equipment.
2. Your business is growing and getting more complex, which means your IT needs are getting more complex, too. You’re realizing that your team doesn’t have the tech expertise to keep up with your growing company.
3. You’ve been relying on friends and family members to help you out with IT issues when you’re in a pinch. Unfortunately, when you don’t have a dedicated IT person working for your business, you can’t really depend on anybody being there when you need them.
4. You want to upgrade your software, but you have no idea what will actually run on your computer. You know it’s been a long time since you’ve updated your technology, but you don’t know where to begin.
5. Your data is not being backed up regularly and you’re afraid of losing important information. You have no idea where to start when it comes to backing up, though.